Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Praha

  They say Prague is one of the most beautiful European cities and I'd have to agree. Despite the fact that hardly anyone speaks Czech and that their currency is extremely confusing (100 koruna = $5), the architecture was amazing and its really cheap there, so after my very expensive flight that was a nice, especially in comparison to London's absurd prices. It's always great seeing people from home, so spending the weekend with Katie was awesome. My favorite places in Prague were probably just the view from the top of the big hill and the Lennon Wall. Her friends are really nice, and she has a single with a private bathroom - both of which are larger than my double. I finally figured out something to get Dad which will prove to be very useful in Maine and I got myself a pretty sweet sweatshirt. 
   Christmas lights are almost all up in London! The best part is that "Winter Wonderland" in Hyde Park opened this weekend so we'll be going next weekend and I caught a sneak peak last night...it looks AMAZING. Alex and Julie come in 3 days for some crazy Thanksgiving festivities and we will of course be checking out those xmas lights :) Anyways, I just had to listen to my professor who has the most monotone and annoying British accent in the world for 4 hours so I'd say it's time for a nap. Keeping this one short and sweet so Matt doesn't have to read too much.

Random thought: Why do the British put minced onion in their meat? It's absolutely disgusting.







Naked black babies with
no  faces represent communism?


3 comments:

  1. Liked the picture of Dick Lush in the band. You will want to make a photo book when you come back from all of your great pictures, with captions while the memories are fresh. I have an invite to send you for a new Hotel Chocolat store opening on Nov 25 if you send me your email. Looking forward to reading about Thanksgiving in London. Are you buying up lots of royal watcher magazines with the engagement news? I'm a devotee... saw Princess Diana, Prince Charles and the Queen Mum when I was in London in the 80s. Thanks for posting the newsy updates.

    Here's my question, how come Margie never replies to your blog postings?

    Loring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already started compiling my favorite pictures! :) I would LOVE to go to the store opening, I've always wanted to go in there! But Alex and Julie will be here as well so we'd need 3, unless I ditch them for a bit. I sent you my email over facebook, I hope you got it!

    And neither Margie nor John can figure out how to comment on my posts so they email me instead..

    ReplyDelete
  3. commenting is a challenge and I am not surprised that neither of them can figure it out.......hope you enjoy the last couple weeks abroad!

    ReplyDelete