Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Notting Hill Revisited

   I'm posting once again about Notting Hill. Went to Portobello Market on Sunday and really looked around this time. It is awesome. There are tons of antique and vintage stores, as well as new clothing and accessory vendors, fruit/veggie, cheese, and bread markets, as well as creperies and other food vendors. Sadly (and stupidly), I passed on a 100% organic cotton scarf thinking I'd find a better one for less than £8 and returned to buy it just after the woman sold it...all was forgotten, though, when we went to Electric for brunch. DELICIOUS meal, probably my second favorite since I've been here after the french toast with fresh strawberries I got in Nice (we also discovered that McDonald's now makes a Rolo McFlurry sooo I'll be testing that out soon...could place 3rd).


    As I was walking down Portobello Road, I envisioned a wonderful life, living in a brightly colored flat with an equally brightly colored door, waking up Saturday and Sunday mornings to head off to the market with my awesome dogs to buy some fresh fruits and veggies and cheese and baguettes. And I can afford all of this because I'll be dating a wealthy British actor or something. Although I could also do that in Nice, hmm lots to think about. Maybe I'll just have a vacation home in Nice..

ALSO...it's officially Greg's birthday in London!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREGORY!

1 comment: