Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Paul Smith!

   My first day at the Paul Smith press office was pretty awesome. There are 6 other women in the office, although only 4 were there today, and they're all really nice. There are other departments in the building too. I start at 10 am, and I began by going through newspapers and magazines looking for anything about Paul or if any models were wearing his stuff...which a lot of them were. Then I got to put together a display for his sunglasses/glasses in one of the showrooms where magazine reps come and pick out items they want to use in their photoshoots. This is also where all the Spring 2011 stuff is...I wanted to steal so much of it. After that, I helped unpack the clothes that the magazines had sent back from their shoots and proceeded to make new outfits and hang them up (Greg I put together a sickk suit/shirt/tie combo for ya), which was fun at first but got really monotonous and not fun, especially because I had to steam any of the clothes that were wrinkly. These all went in another show room where the Autumn/Winter 2010 line is, which is also where the sample sale takes place..if you want something you better be nice to me (and they now have an adorable junior line so you better believe the newest Monahan will be rockin some Paul Smith). After what felt like forever doing that, I went back to the other show room and had to find and put together the runway outfits for the US fashion show which was soooo cool! But I was on my feet all day and I'm tired now.

   On another note, last night I made baguette pizza and tonight I made makeshift chicken parm (with pre-breaded mini chicken) and they both were freaking amazing. I'm getting pretty good at cooking.


PS. Is am I the only one who's extremely surprised that dad hasn't freaked out about the gypsy thing yet?

2 comments:

  1. ohmygod you're just like LC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad never freaks out...what are you talking about?! Sounds like a sweet gig you got there...any coffee runs yet?

    ReplyDelete