Search This Blog

Friday, October 08, 2010

Roma

   So after an hour or 2 of sleep the night before, we left our building at 4 am for Rome. We got in around 11 am, after customs and what not. So then, my friend we stayed with said he didn't think there was a way to get from that airport to his apartment so we took a cab which ended up being about €25 each...which sucked. However, Italy is absolutely beautiful. I kind of wish we had gone to the countryside but still, St. Peter's, the Colloseum, Trevi Fountan, etc. were amazing and it was about 75 degrees as opposed to the cold, rainy London weather we'd been having. The part when 3 gypsies with 'babies' surrounded me and tried to mug me at the Colloseum wasn't so fun...no worries though, I grabbed her hand out of my purse and smacked it away, yelled at them, and they walked away as the one who's hand was on my wallet cryied "but the babies!" See, I know how to handle myself, although it really was quite a terrifying experience. Rome is an very difficult/confusing city to get around, the public transportation is terrible, especially in comparison to London, so that was pretty frustrating at times and kind of made it less enjoyable. We were lucky to be staying with my friend, though, because he showed us around a lot. The food was indeed amazing, I could eat gelato and pizza every day. I wish we could have stayed one more night in Rome but at the same time I'm glad we had all day in Nice today because it is AMAZING!

Another blog and more pictures to come once I return to London :)

No comments:

Post a Comment