Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Brighton


   We went to Southern England to Brighton today...about an hour train ride for £5 which was awesome! It was sooooo nice. It's a beach town with an awesome pier. We went on a roller coaster and it was absolutely terrifying because half of it was over the sea, but it was still really fun. Then we had chicken and chips and walked around the shops. Luckily it was a beautiful day but it is definitely getting colder, we were so spoiled with the nice weather until now...and we've had a good amount of rain recently.  Anyways, we also saw the Royal Pavilion which is where King George IV lived and it's Indian style, really cool building I wish we had gone inside but we didn't feel like paying. But the Brighton Museum & Art Gallery was right next to it so we went in there for a bit because museums are free in Europe. I only got 2 hours of sleep the night before, though, because people on my floor were wicked loud then I felt kind of sick all day/had a little bit of a fever but I'm feeling a little better after a nap and tylenol :) hopefully it's just the start of a cold or a 24 hour bug or something. Why do I have such a horrible immune system? Oh I also had a minor allergic reaction to something, probably Indian food because I'd never had it before...good times.

   So this is our last week of the first 2 classes so work is really piling up plus finals are next Monday and Tuesday...stressing out a little bit and chose not to go out tonight so I can hopefully get a lot of work done tomorrow. I'm going to try to switch my 3rd class (the one during my internship) to take an easier/more enjoyable one than a Seminar in Advertising Strategy because it's not counting as Saint Mike's credits...maybe the architecture class if I can even switch and if there's room.

A week and 3 days until Rome and Nice!!! (Side note: while we only get a 5 day break, my friends in Italy get a month...)

No comments:

Post a Comment