Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Merry Wives of Windsor

     I was never really a huge fan of Shakespeare because high school completely ruined it for me, but I guess I always enjoyed the stories, just not the act of reading it because I never comprehended anything. However, when Greg told me I should definitely go see a show at the Globe I figured why not, it closes in a few weeks because the roof is open, I might as well make the best of what's here right now.
    So last night we went to see The Merry Wives of Windsor, which I had heard of but literally knew nothing about. It was a beautiful night, a bit chill but no rain thank god. We bought standing room tickets for £5 and it was really cool to be standing right in front of the actors, although 3 hours of standing was not the most pleasant experience. Anyways, the play was fantastic, very funny anddd I actually understood what was going on (I'm a visual learner). So thank you, Gregory for encouraging me to go :) It was a great experience. Planning on seeing Wicked for the 3rd time pretty soon because it's the best show ever.

Oh and remember how I blogged about how excited I was that I bought tickets to 2 movies at the London Film Festival? Ya that's not happening, we're getting refunded because they messed up. Great work once again BU!
The lighting inside was terrible, sadly no good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment